Posted On March 26, 2009
Shopping for discount flooring can be a fun and rewarding experience provided you know some of the basics. Manufacturers of carpet including Shaw Carpet and Mohawk Carpet make carpeting in basically these six different styles:
1. Textured carpet: has alternating twists of yarn that gives it a two-tone look. This carpet is a great floor covering for an active area as it hides footprints and vacuum marks. It adds casual beauty to any area and is perfect for the entire house.
2. Saxony or plush: each yarn has a uniform finish for a soft, velvet luxurious feel. This carpet is great for a formal, traditional, elegant look. It is not the first choice for high traffic areas or an active household.
3. Frieze: a great choice for an active household. Each strand of yarn has a very high twist level which gives this cut pile carpet durability and long wear. Frieze comes in various pile heights giving you a variety of choices.
4. Cable: constructed from thicker usually longer yarn. Great choice for a bedroom or living room where you want comfort underfoot. It is not the best choice for high traffic areas.
5. Looped: often referred to as Berber this carpet is made from bulky yarns in a loop pile construction. This carpet is a great all purpose, long lasting carpet and is a low pile.
6. Cut and Loop: a combination of cut and looped yarns which creates patterned effects and surface textures. This style of carpet is very in style and can be used for casual or formal areas (fun geometric and formal botanicals).
Carpet Depot Arizona is the number cheap flooring store in the metropolitan Phoenix area that carries discount carpet in all styles. If you are looking for carpet remnants and have a style in mind Carpet Depot is the place to shop.
Posted On March 18, 2009
Do you want discount flooring that is energy efficient, good looking, durable, and easy on your feet? You might want to consider wall-to-wall carpet and carpet pad. It has been proven that wall-to-wall carpet increases the R-value of the area covered giving you the potential to save on utility costs. The R-value measures a material’s resistance to the movement of heat.
An excerpt from Shaw Flooring, a leader in the flooring industry: “Test results from Johns Manville Technical Center Thermal Labs, one of the most sophisticated laboratories of its kind in the world, confirm carpet and (carpet) pad significantly increase R-value compared to other flooring material.
Test results from the different carpet constructions were compared to three hard surface products - ceramic tile, laminate, and engineered hardwood - and the differences were dramatic:
* Carpet vs. engineered hardwood: From 3 to 7 times the R-value.
* Carpet vs. laminate: From 4 to 8 times the R-value.
* Carpet vs. ceramic tile: From 8 to 17 times the R-value.”
Naturally the potential energy saving will vary depending on such things as local utility/energy costs and the type of floor construction.
According to Dr. Alan Hedge, professor in the Department of Design and Environmental Analysis at Cornell University “Carpet feels warmer to the touch than other floor coverings because the air at room temperature is trapped by the carpet fibers which acts as an insulator, and carpet has a low thermal diffusivity compared to other floor materials that have higher thermal diffusivities resulting in greater thermal discomfort”.
Carpet Depot is the largest Arizona carpet stocking dealer. They offer a large variety of cheap carpet and carpet pad (also know as cushion) for every taste and budget. Their knowledgeable sales force can assist you in choosing the perfect wall-to-wall carpet/padding as well as other discount flooring surfaces.
Posted On March 3, 2009
Carpet tiles, formerly used strictly for commercial business has become more popular as a home floor covering choice as our floor covering offerings expand.
Carpet tiles are 18 inch by 18 inch squares of carpet that can be attached to the ground, either by using adhesive tape, or by purchasing carpet tiles that come with a sticky back. The carpet tiles are adhered to a smooth surface and placed next to each other to create the desired look.
Carpet tiles can be found in almost any style of carpet. They are easily placed next to each other to create colorful rugs, or wall to wall flooring. You can interchange colors within a style without disrupting the flow of the carpet tiles.
Carpet tiles are great for anyone who is interested in easy to install wall to wall flooring, as a professional installer is not required for the job. It can also be used to create a small area rug, or for carpeting large spaces such as a studio or warehouse. To find out more information about discount carpet tiles and other flooring products visit Carpet Depot.