Posted On April 22, 2009
Today is Earth Day and a great topic is “going green”. In the carpet and flooring industry many strides have been taken to do just that, go green. Everything from developing new environmentally friendly methods of producing fibers to recycling programs for flooring that is no longer viable in the home. Hard surfaces now include fabulous discount laminate flooring that “mimics” natural discount hardwood flooring. Floor covering professionals even have a difficult time deciding whether a floor is hardwood flooring or laminate flooring. These laminates are durable and longer lasting than their natural counterparts. Longevity means less recycling and longer lasting in the home. Longer life cycles mean less impact on our environment creating less of a carbon footprint.
Today carpet manufacturers such as Shaw Carpet and Mohawk Carpet have taken seriously the need to develop new way of manufacturing carpet to produce less greenhouse gas emissions. Today’s carpets are durable, longwearing, environmentally friendly and help decrease noise pollution. Noise pollution creates a very unfriendly environment for residents and visitors alike. Today’s fabulous houses tend to have higher ceilings creating a need to decrease sound. Carpet is a perfect fit if you have high ceilings.
Another environmental consideration is the use of ceramic/porcelain tile over the use of natural stone. Ceramic/porcelain tile manufacturers such as Mohawk Flooring and Shaw Flooring have developed environmentally sound methods of producing the product. Natural stone is non-renewable. The maintenance required is much more significant than it’s ceramic/porcelain counterpart. Again the ceramic/porcelain product is made to “mimic” its natural counterpart, fooling many floor covering professionals.
Whatever type of flooring you choose stop in at Carpet Depot for the valley’s largest in stock selection of cheap carpet, carpet remnants and a large selection of laminate flooring and ceramic/porcelain flooring to satisfy everyone’s taste.
Posted On April 16, 2009
Lately it seems everyone is talking about discount laminate flooring. What exactly is laminate flooring? It is a manufactured product that is made to simulate the look of its counterpart natural products like wood for example. Today’s technology allows the manufacturing of realistic looking wood floor covering complete with texture and grains. If it’s a rustic wood look you want, it’s in laminate. If it’s a contemporary, warm tone wood look you want, it’s in laminate. If you like the look of exotic wood it’s in laminate. Virtually every type of natural hardwood flooring has a laminate counterpart. Why choose laminate over wood? There are numerous reasons to do so. In this economy cost is an issue for most consumer. Laminate flooring is significantly less costly than its natural counterpart. Along with cost comes maintenance. In fact they usually go hand in hand as most people have to hire a professional to maintain natural flooring on a regular basis. Laminate flooring requires less maintenance. Laminate wood flooring does not need to be varnished or waxed and is naturally stain resistant. Discount laminate flooring is perfect if you have a busy household, have an active lifestyle, have pets and don’t want to work hard to maintain. Laminate flooring has been around for a relatively short period of time in the United States, approximately 25 years. It has been used in Europe extensively for many years because laminate flooring can be installed over existing flooring (in most cases) including the older European buildings.
Visit either Carpet Depot location for a huge selection of discount laminate flooring from names you know and trust including Alloc, Mohawk Carpet and Flooring, and Shaw Carpet and Shaw Flooring. You will be amazed at the real wood look. In fact you might be fooled as many people are.
Posted On March 26, 2009
Shopping for discount flooring can be a fun and rewarding experience provided you know some of the basics. Manufacturers of carpet including Shaw Carpet and Mohawk Carpet make carpeting in basically these six different styles:
1. Textured carpet: has alternating twists of yarn that gives it a two-tone look. This carpet is a great floor covering for an active area as it hides footprints and vacuum marks. It adds casual beauty to any area and is perfect for the entire house.
2. Saxony or plush: each yarn has a uniform finish for a soft, velvet luxurious feel. This carpet is great for a formal, traditional, elegant look. It is not the first choice for high traffic areas or an active household.
3. Frieze: a great choice for an active household. Each strand of yarn has a very high twist level which gives this cut pile carpet durability and long wear. Frieze comes in various pile heights giving you a variety of choices.
4. Cable: constructed from thicker usually longer yarn. Great choice for a bedroom or living room where you want comfort underfoot. It is not the best choice for high traffic areas.
5. Looped: often referred to as Berber this carpet is made from bulky yarns in a loop pile construction. This carpet is a great all purpose, long lasting carpet and is a low pile.
6. Cut and Loop: a combination of cut and looped yarns which creates patterned effects and surface textures. This style of carpet is very in style and can be used for casual or formal areas (fun geometric and formal botanicals).
Carpet Depot Arizona is the number cheap flooring store in the metropolitan Phoenix area that carries discount carpet in all styles. If you are looking for carpet remnants and have a style in mind Carpet Depot is the place to shop.